Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Buy Nothing Challenge - April 2008 Things have gotten better (and worse!) since my last post. David and I got in a large fight that left me sulking my entire three day weekend. I should have been cleaning house, and doing school work, and getting my garden started, but instead, all I felt like doing was moping around and eating massive amounts of carbs. Oops. But after a long talk, things are resolved and back to normal and I am looking forward to actually getting stuff done this coming weekend. I hope.

I've noticed no one ever seems to post about their meals that really aren't all that good. Maybe it's because they're trying to show how good vegan food is. Maybe they don't want to admit they made something that tasted that bad. I'll admit it. Dinner last night, while still edible, is not a repeatable recipe (without some serious modifications anyway). Ketchup and mustard seem to be making it a little better, but I'm not sure I'll be able to finish all the leftovers (and David's not touching the stuff with a 10 foot pole). I found the recipe for the Cheesy Creamy Casserole on Vegan Dad's blog, which usually is filled with yummy looking dinners. However, this one didn't turn out nearly as yummy as it originally sounded. Sorry Vegan Dad. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I'm still not quite used to the nutritional yeast taste, but the orange-y pink color and texture didn't help much either.

I have also accepted Crunchy Chicken's Buy Nothing Challenge for the month of April. No April Fool's joke here people. I don't think it should be too hard for me really, but I will need to purchase some wood and gardening supplies. I've been trying to find suitable wood at the recycling center and on freecycle, but so far I haven't had much luck. Maybe some readers of mine would also like to step up to the challenge? Wink wink.

Well, enough stalling for me. I should start on my school work and finish up baking cookies. But I'll mostly focus on baking the cookies, because who wants to do school work? I mean, really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it :-) you're back to being YOU again :-). We LOVE it when you are feeling "UP & Happy" :-) HAPPY APRIL, SPRING IS ON IT'S WAY !!!!!!

Vegan Dad said...

Chacun son gout, as the French say.