Sunday, April 27, 2008

Another week, another menu

It's the plan anyway. Life seems to have other ideas most weeks. Head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.

Monday: Vegan Dad's sausage and pasta. We will also make a couple of quiches for David and I to grab for a quick breakfast during the week. I'm planning on using this recipe from the Fat Free Vegan for myself, David's will be a traditional quiche with broccoli.
Tuesday: Mushroom Risotto, asparagus or spinach, salad (David's not home until 10)
Wednesday: South Western Spaghetti, salad (I'm making a separate dish with soy crumbles for myself)
Thursday: Mexican Taco Casserole, Spanish rice, steamed kale or spinach for me.
Friday: Left overs. Possibly baking bread and/or cookies. (David gone until 10:30)
Saturday: Left overs or refrigerator casserole (dump odds and ends in a pan and see what happens). (David gone until 10:30)

Last week was a jumble of leftovers and quick meals like nachos (chips, refried beans, avocado, tomato, olives, sour cream), Connie's Barf Chicken (see last post), baked penne with zucchini, and caramelized onions and tofu with apricot teriyaki sauce over sushi rice, with a couple of veggie egg rolls on the side. Between David's and my end of semester crunch and catching a cold, neither of us really felt like cooking anything complicated.

There's good news though; I seem to be mostly over my cold and avoided having it settle in my lungs and developing pneumonia like I always do (knock on wood), and there's only two more weeks until finals. After that I will be preparing things for my summer road trip, and getting the house ready for David to live without me for a month or so (the horror!). There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

1 comment:

Niki Jolene said...

oooh, i'd love to have some nachos right about now!

:)